Do you feel you don't get enough done each day? You can waste a lot of time checking emails, looking for documents and going to appointments. Follow these six tips and you will be able to save time and be more productive.
- Set aside 3 or 4 specific times during the day to review and respond to emails e.g. first thing in the morning, midday and end of day.
- Set aside time at the end of each day to plan the next day.
- Follow your plan so you stay focused on what you need to get done and when.
- When possible, meet by phone rather than in person.
- Organize your paper and electronic documents so that you don't spend a lot of your time looking for them.
- Keep one comprehensive calendar for your personal and professional appointments.
Implement these tips and your efficiency is bound to improve.